Downtown Residents Association (DRA)
Committed to Maintaining a Neighborhood Community in Downtown Evanston
Welcome to the Downtown
Residents Association (DRA) Website!
DRA is an organization of downtown Evanston
residents dedicated to balancing economic
development with residential quality of life.
To that purpose DRA:
- Advocates for downtown residents on land use,
environmental, and historic issues
- Participates in city planning and zoning to maintain and preserve a quality
residential character in downtown Evanston
- Collaborates with elected city officials to apply zoning, traffic, and safety
regulations, and suggests alternatives to improve quality of life in the downtown
- Contributes solutions to civic problems and promotes citizen involvement in
downtown Evanston matters and in the broader Evanston community
- Serves as a conduit for community information: civic, social, and educational
Read more on DRA's history.